Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

exposure to gold run

Starsky
Frequent Contributor
what is the best instrument to use in order to become exposed to the gold over the Next 12 months. would investing in HAR or ANG be worthwhile ?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if you like gold, then buy gold. Why buy a gold mine which brings in extra risk? As it is buying gold brings in currency risk.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and it brings in risk of Simon smacking you on the head for being naughty
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
As a gold investor I can simply tell you what Ive done. I have 1 ounce coins. I like GLD but I have a tendacy to trade anything in my account :) Hence the coins. I like ANG of all of our miners. Im actually doing an analysis of the others at the moment. Simon is right tho if tis gold you want buy physical. Miners are a different animal. Do you want majors? early stage producers? Juniors exploration co's? For the latter you need to be able to trade on the TSX venture exchange. I know you can do this with Internaxx. They are quite helpful. Just you'll need to get cash offshore, sars clearance etc. Anyone know when the silver ETN is listing? Supposed to be this month?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, last I heard silver and plat still due in june, but they'll likely have a 3 or 4 week IPO, so listing may only be July ??
0 Kudos
ANDrea123
Occasional Contributor
Hi PaulC, do you want my GB Gold shares:)
0 Kudos
ANDrea123
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
ANDrea123
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
ANDrea123
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
12 Months in gold world is log term. I wouldn't touch gold companies for that period. GLD or nothing in my books. Gold shares like HAR, GFI and ANG I play during the year for never more than a month at a time with great success. Problem is you can't predict sentiment on the gold market, which pushes risk up. Also SA gold companies can not be considered value stocks at all. They are all preparing for rigor mortus in SA over the long term.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Sure ill take your GB gold shares. I assume you are gifting them to me :)
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Watch outfor the next best thing Galaxy Gold
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Watch outfor the next best thing Galaxy Gold
0 Kudos