Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

food producers and all that jazz

partridge
Super Contributor
Food production and related + expanding into Africa has to be a place to be going forward but now I am left high and dry( albeit with a profit) so...which of the bunch that is left do I go for?.... Tiger is expensive but there are some cheaper first cousins - but is there someone waiting in the wings....? (I hate chicken)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Major
Regular Contributor
Well AFR is being taken out at R7. I'll be investing the proceeds in Zeder which I think is the best of the agricultural counters left.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
What about a usual suspect like AVI? ( which has moved sideways for what seems like an eternity)
0 Kudos
eric13
Contributor
What about Sovfood (SOV) I think management doing ok compared to the rest of the industry, also adding value to their product with chicken takeaway outlets at SPAR stores.
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
I prefer an agricultural producer to a food producer. While the risks are higher, so are the potential returns. Zeder has a bit of both through its farming and its holding in Pioneer foods.
0 Kudos