Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

for simonpb (closing auction example of distortion)

Not applicable
look at what happenned today with ASA? It was well in positive territory today at 16h50, but the closing auction pulled it from about 0.8% up to i think -0.05% down. This is what i'm talking about, why let the system determine what could be an important technical signal. There must be more clarity on this, how do we the ordinary traders know there is no manipulation on this?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
CrownA
Super Contributor
You can rant and rave as much as you like - if you don't have a 100Bn Rands/Euros, your opinion on how the JSE works will not help. Look at how the warrants close is done - the middle of the spread at the end of the day. So I can make a bid at 1, and create a huge dent in the close. Then I buy when everyone is bailing out @market tomorrow - I am going to test my theory...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anyone worth his weight in warrant salt will not be looking at the closing price, but rather at the warrant's matrix. You might catch a mkadir..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it's not distortion if it is merely tardes going through, especially is that tarde is millions of rands and many different people/funds. Hee's a thought, when things don;t close as you wish, it doesn;t mean it's all crookery ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, do you think ASA would at least make it to 10000 in the near future ?
0 Kudos