Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

for the gold bulls

john_1
Super Contributor
He likes Richard!!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
So Simon, still not convinced that Gold is a sound investment? If not, then you could earn your employer $ 1 000 000. http://www.goldprice.org/gold-news/2008/04/jim-sinclair-bets-million-dollars-gold.html Just wondering how many so called "not bullion bulls" in the financial industry (and there's many) will be singing a different tune next year.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No, come on, it's not only the sterling; out of the 11 currencies on this site (excluding the Zim$), only the US$ and Yen are not making all time lows against gold: http://www.kitco.com/gold_currency/charts.htm?USD (Note: this is NOT a recommedation for kitco; their commentaries are generally totally whack, but their graphs are useful.)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
would that be the dinky Richard Hirsch...only thing is he isnt little
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Alright Timato, you can come out of the closet too.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok, I'm... ummm... long newgold (but only until I figure out which direction the market is going in, I promise...)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
must say I have been surprised at how many have..met one at the gym...one came to stay for the weekend...John is inviting me for lunch...anyone else?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah folks .. here's the true gold story .. gold is a relic and people like sinclair will rave madly because they have too (same with roffey and others who have staked their reputation to gold for the past many decades) .. but when cowery shells lost their value they didn't collapse in a heap over night .. tis a process, them shells spent decades and decades moving up.down.nowhere .. gold is doing the same .. so is the UK empire .. etc . etc .. most imnportantr thing is that nobody can explain to me why gold is so precious .. it is only precious because people agree that it is (an nixon nixed that idea in 1972 .. ) sounds kinda like a CDO or CMO or NINJA or some other hot air theory .. an if ti goes up, no worries .. I can;t catch every bus and am ore then happy to miss this one as I only trade.invest in what I understand ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I just want to know what the guy who stalks me at my house looks like in person.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what about just asking for a picture...oh i forget u have one already maybe u just cant see past the make up and high heels?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All predictions come true eventually - like your monkeys and the typewriters - it's just a question of timing.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I deleated that in 2003 after sending it to Brazen to have a giggle.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh I see...what did u have...a session with Onan?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
I've been long on newgold since 2007 ... never had to look back
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Simon,u r entitled to your opinion,but taking that veiw,things then bought for vanity,also have no value except in the eye of the beholder?....Guess thats then includes all luxuary goods....Goodbye to Richmont etc!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Must say, I'm not a gold bug and don't touch the stuff or even the shares and I'm not taking sides. But, consider this: In the time of Nebuchadnezzar 1OZ of AU could buy you around 350 loaves of bread... and today, in USD, 1OZ of AU will buy you around 350 loaves of bread in a US 7-11. Over such a long time it's neither really gained nor lost value. You can't eat it and you can't make more of it other than what is taken out of the ground. It has little practical value. Above all it is the only 'currency' form that has no counter party risk since you either own it or not. It's only value is the confidence in it's ability to store relative value (which history bears out). Gold bugs can rant all they want but the only way we will see USD10,000 gold is if the collective investment world suddenly decides to again revert to AU as a currency
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah barry, people don't spend a fortune on a pen for investment .. they buy it to show off ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err, but bread has markedly changed from a luxury in the old days when only the rich could afford it (an of course bread itself is much changed) .. to what it is today .. so maybe indicating the move down market of gold ??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
So ask yourself the question..how do we start trading with gold if only central bankers, crackpots and drug barrons have the stuff.
0 Kudos