Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

for the gold bulls

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
September was the first ever monthly close above $700 for gold.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Ega
Super Contributor
Hi Simon is this part of your interview on Money Web? Is that a typo or are you including DRD as good investment?

MONEYWEB: Right. And in ten seconds each, any view on what sort of gold investment would be a good one? SIMON BROWN: If you're a gold bull, NewGold DRD - it's nice and pure, there's no management issues, cost issues, it gives you direct rand gold price exposure.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, no a typo. Remove the DRD from the sentence, then it's right.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Simon you gotta love those Gold shares. Record monthly close and they are in the red AGAIN..
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
where can i get more info on the correlation between the GLD price and the gold price? With gold at $745 surely GLD should be at an all time high ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, an look at the plats. all time high at 1384 and ams +2.9%. That's waht you wanna see. the goldies we got ang off 5.3% and the other two off 1.3% ...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yrg, gld is fixed to the rand gold price. all time high is around 5200c, currently at 5150/5158 due to strong rand.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
About that richmont swap( number 4) 4 suggestions..PPC..Naspers..Tigerbrands..Mittal. What do you think?
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ppc already got. mla, ya that may be it. leaves me lotsa resources but that's where tis happening. otherwise ams
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Agreed totally however I was looking for quality trading opp's in other sectors. Thing is I totally agree with the idea of having 4-5 shares.. I have always just used BIL. AGl. SOL. AMS. but all resourses.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Yrg, there is a perfect correlation, 100th of an oz of gold expressed in Rands minus a small premium for the bank, the problem being that the Rand is getting stronger against the dollar.

Me thinks the country prefers to have the Rand a little weaker and will buy dollars to do so. OMO
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the detail Ega.
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
simon,why does standard bank rcomend a sell for drd thanks
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
because it is a hole with no hope? But in truth it is nt SB that suggests a sell, it is the Profile Media Consensus of brokers who say sell.
0 Kudos
casey2
Occasional Contributor
simon , ang off 6 % due to anglo american going to selling 61 million shares.
0 Kudos