Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

free money?

orange68
Super Contributor
SAB , sasol and alsi yesterday and today is basically easy free money!
107 REPLIES 107
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, ALSI easy money
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, ALSI easy money, and chek that GAP on the DOW.
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
this is quite easy once you got your ins and outs sorted, becomes 2nd nature.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, mechanical the way to go...the market gets you in and gets you out...ALSI today, 37700 on the charts...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Rams, is a well oiled in and out mechanical trader. He has rear view vision.
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
haha bring it on im quite bored i guess simon was right, when bored you doing it right
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, i will take the 550...thank you Mr. Maker
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
almost had the 600's no harm in waiting 4 tomorrow, another well paid lazy day !!!
0 Kudos
Supa
Contributor
How do you trade the ALSI and TOP40? Is it only on Warrants and Index Futures or is there an equivalent in CFD? Thanks.
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
stx40 or rmb 40
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just be careful with statements like easy money, every trader has their time that their set of rules dont work.
No set of rules guarantees anything for ever and ever.

Another famous SA trader had massive losses in Jan - Apr this year with a moving avg mechanical system, but over a longer time hes done very well.

Right now discretionary traders are struggling as the probabilities of the events that have happened in the past month are less than 5%...were watching history in the making here!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think you need to re-look at your definition of discretionary trading. We don't try to calculate probabilities of world events, we just don't rely on mechanical systems - more importantly, we adjust our systems to suite conditions. Most discretionary traders use techniques like pattern analysis, news item reaction, or, my personal favourite, the 'hounds of baskerville technique' - which basically looks for scenarios where markets ignore all the classic indicators and do exactly the opposite.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ALSI futures setting up another short..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
15 min trend change above 37320...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I wasnt referring to those calculating world events, yesterday I know that quite a lot of different discretionary traders lost money going short,
ElliotWave: the market should have gone down from 37200 at the peak of Wave B
Head&Shoulders: the right shoulder should have formed (and did for a while at 37,200)
Supp&Resist: Short @ 37,200, Target 36,300
Seasons patterns: the market should be heading lower in May not making new highs
Gap traders: it was believed to be a breakaway gap (which was the same thing that happened in Feb on the same news), yet the gap closed and didnt act as resistance.

So no, I wasnt referring to world events speculators, I was referring to all the discretionary traders making probability calculations on past patterns...
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
short or long im game btw easy money referred to monday and tuesdays trades purely based on my charts and my set of rules. and once again it successfully triggered this morning 4 a short and boom 300 odd points out of nowhere. systems need tweaking constantly to keep up with markets.(and favorable trading balances)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
just remember that you can have a disretionery trading sysytem that is rule based ...but a rule based system is never discretionary. Choppie, BC did not offer a definition of discretionary trading, and there is only 2 kinds of trading...if its not rule based, then its discretionary
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
we at 320, so possible 15 min trend change...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
we at 320, so possible 15 min trend change...
0 Kudos