Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

gap close anyone?

Not applicable
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
_nova
Super Contributor
what's the ALSI future contract for dec08?
0 Kudos
Ameesh
Contributor
I think we will close the gap, and then some downside... .. :)
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
ok, mebbe I'm stoopid... help me here Chartist? I'm even looking at the 1min candle and I dinna see no gap on the TOP40. I see huge gaps on the DAX and FTSE but none on the TOP?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
FTSE will close it's gap. The futures call was for -200 open and it only opened about 60 down
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
belay that, the FTSE is being gutted
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
FTSE 4671. Key level is 4600. If that is breached, we will follow
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Exited my short at 20810 went long 20820.. It gonna be a big day!!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
WOW man! did you see that swing! 300 pips in less than 10 min! Whoowee this is gonna be a roller coaster day!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In the words of George Michael.....you gott have "faith faith faith...." John maybe someday you can tell us what you are gonna do before you do it...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Go read the post about gorge soros..I said I would be looking at the gap at about 8am this morning. This was just amazing.
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
got my piece of that as well got in at 20735 & 20850 and got out at 21310....the little voice in me says go back in but....
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
I dinna know about you lot but that was the most wicked swing I have ever seen! I have a feeling it's not over, now the VIX determines we go down again?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no Nova just the other way round....the higher the Vix the greater the chance of a violent short squeeze...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Here we go 'up' again. FTSE is starting to close it's gap but the DAX is still farting around
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Thanks Chartist. I suppose it was on the cards nuh? The only sure thing here is violent swings and irrational behaviour?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is a classic case of traders thinking the obvious would happen....the smart traders love the conventional wisdom traders....
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
FTSE gap closed. DAX is starting to close. We could go up quite a bit before steam runs out of this one
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am getting that we are about to go down feeling.. But I can't see it in the charts so treat it as the rumblings of my tummy.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
I agree. DAX gap closed around 16h00 so they're all closed now. The short is coming up but I also don't see it yet
0 Kudos