Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

gap close...

mehroon
Frequent Contributor
Hello Johnny I just want to know what you traded? Thanks
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Yip, but I do trade the opposite direction within that range i.e. if we fail to break the high and start to fall back I take a small short and vice versa. Id call this my scalping part and it helps when there's no trend available and we keep seesawing between the open range high and low. Just look at today's action since the high failed, not only are we not seesawing between the high and low, we've flatlined. The Bollinger bands are within a 50 point range, whichever way its gonna break it is going to be big. What's more, Friday's Gap below current levels have not closed either so there's no near certainty that today's gap may be the catalyst for the breakout.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Same as the other okes, the ALSi-future on the TOP40 index directly on SAFEX and not with Standard.
Standard, by the way, should seriously consider opening their SAFEX platform to us retail investors as this seems to be a significant growing market. Of course that would cut of their SSF's 0.8% + margin, so on second thought, guess there's no real urge to do just that.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Right, with a huge trading range of around 30 points and the bollingers pinching together what are you guys looking at for some indication to which side this one may break? Or is there nothing at this stage pointing in a direction and we'll have to wait for the break itself to happen? For that, Ive set my traps (hello John) on both sides of this flatliner.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Me too - At around 10:40 I thought we were headin for a gap close... maybe we'll get direction when the USA opens?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I feel like I am in Chartist gap close vid...will we have enough time to close the gap..etc
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Well its trying.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And, believe me, a gap video is the only kinda Chartist video you wanna be in. . .
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL..ya I recon even that may be fuel to chartist sick mind
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Now its on? To the downside this time 6thfeb gap
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The FTSE down big - what happened?