Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

gold

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
http://tinyurl.com/css882

interview with a gold bull, he uses fundamentals and makes about the best case I have ever heard for gold .. mostly becuase he is not telling us that gold is good because the end of the world is coming .. in other words balance ..
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
kwagga
Super Contributor
I was just looking ouside and it wasn't snowing. What's up Simon ? Just the other day you mentioned on classic FM that if someone gives you a hand of krugerrands you'll trade it for good wine. Gold is a relic right. Are we finally seeing the light ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hey the red wine comment was last night, then less then 2 hours later I did the interview (checking out the wondow - no snow) .. nope still not planning on buying gold, but thing is I never before understood the arguement from the gold bugs .. in fact I had never heard a sensible arguement .. it was all end of the world, US goes bust nonsense (and even if they came true, gold was not the answer - bottled water was) ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yes, yes, agreed, some gold bugs report directly from asylums across the world, but you still should be able to cut through the noise and see some truth in what they are saying. Pieter Schiff and Richard Russell are no idiots, although the one's dad is in jail for not paying his taxes and the other one suffered a mild stroke in his early eighties.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
There was a chap on Bloomberg last night saying the governments are selling gold whenever it gets high, and that if gold had tracked inflation, it would be $2300/oz. he also said the Fed Reserve was about half of what they are telling the world.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
..to the Dark Side he has gone, um-hmm..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an this is the crazy talk that makes me think the whole story is a myth .. if one has to resort to conspiracy theories to make your point - well then the point is very very weak ..
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Told you to buy GFI didn't I? And that's all I'm saying.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gfi .. bwabwahahaha .. if I would convert KR's into wine .. I wouldn't even bother to accept GFI ..
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
When treasuries collapse ..that is as good as end of the world coming! I've not heard a gold bug saying that Mars is going to smash into Earth and the reason to own Gold. You just never listened to what a Gold Bug has to say to you. The relic is as good as an `investment vehicle' into this market that we are trading in. It goes up and up and up. and you had to be told last night .. Hey. Gold is in a Bull market!
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Nver mind the wine, heres the rum.... Roffey says buy gold. So what SHOULD you do ????
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
exactly, when T-Bills collapse .. that is the same as mars crashing into earth .. ETV ..
0 Kudos