Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

gold??

theyoungster
Super Contributor
gold is up nicely and USD/ZAR is up, HAR good buy now??
0 Kudos
51 REPLIES 51
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Been looking at this one for a while, I see a nice pennant has formed. Wonder when the breakout will occur.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Gold is still risky unless u believe that the Heaven buying will take off as there signs the last 2 days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HAR is long overdue. My Guess it will move upwards from here... and fast. Everything(Technicals) is in favor of an upward breakout.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm not doing this myself, it's just a theory, but what about hedging your bet by shorting ANG (it shouldn't go above the price they are issuing new shares at: R288.32) while going long one of the other golds?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Today is looking like the day that we lift off! 960 pog has finally broken!!!!!!!!!!! Who is joining us????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Today is looking like the day that we lift off! 960 pog has finally broken!!!!!!!!!!! Who is joining us???? with HAR that is....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Can we still touch R76 today?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Harmony was trading in such an incredible narrow range that today might just constitute a breakout. Will have a look tonight. Been waiting more than a month for some action on this one
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please cancel this message - there seem to be a whole bunch of folks who are prepared to buy ANG shares in the market for more than the issue price of the new shares.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
gold >971$
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I been waiting for gold to do something in months. Just sliced through 970 to 973 and still going...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Can anyone shed any light on why my theory was wrong? Are the speculators not aware of the new shares being issued? Have all the new shares already been snapped up? Surely ANG must decline below the issue price of the new shares again when sanity returns? (If sanity is ever present when it comes to gold...)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
snap1 i made some money with shorts today so i joined you on the gold ride! not something i follow but u sound convinced
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow! we made it. R96,05 Today up +6.22%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This last hour was exciting :) I been holding for ages and keeping my eye on gold all the time. We might come down as 975 should be next resistance. Good thing is we broke 965 high and we keep on making higher highs. Very good sign to me that we can test 1000 again and break it this time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Touched 9.53% on NYSE few minutes ago..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Touched 9.53% on NYSE few minutes ago..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
GFI was a good buy at R91.....question is can gold close above $982 and move on towards $1000. If GFI closes above R101 look for a nice long up to R118.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like we going to test 990 gold level today! :P
0 Kudos