Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

good Samaritan

Not applicable
I was introdused in the jse game by a land called Linda who sold a charting software (which can be downloaded for free)for R12000 this was in the early 2008 and I was still working for FNB as a teller under an agent. In june 2008 the contract ended. I startet trading with little funds that I had but I lost them all due to ignorant (at that time I had an account with T-sec). I bought (warrant) a company that it profits was dependent on the rand/dollar exchange. This year I went to a number of schools(in townships) asking them if I can teach their children (grade 11 & 12)about investing but they have other things that are attending to on weekends. I need to place an add in the newspaper about what I want to do , the add cost R4623.00 for the mercury. I went to Ethekwini municipality and they said I can use their discussion room as a class room to teach all those who cant afford the R9000 you pay for learning to trade. I'm going to offer the cause at a very competitive rate. The cause I'm going to teach are Fundamental and technical analysis , valuation and strategies. If you need more info you can call me on 072 223 4883
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
theyoungster
Super Contributor
so this proves the principle, those who cant do - teach? its a good concept but why would you charge
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Offer the course at a competivive rate? As opposed to the free training Standard Bank offers presented by seasoned professionals ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think Werner is keen for a cause,.. will pm him regards,.. Great stuff Jabulo! Cause you can, i like it!! - ffs, is this for real!?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Standard bank offers those causes free but there are in the late evenings and not every one knows about them. My target market is the school leavers and those who are without employment. Most of the so called model c schools have jse business game as an extra mural activity of which most of us blacks cant afford to go to those schools. I'll charge so I can come back in the market.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Dixie, will you be going to the course as well?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Of cause you can Jabulo,.. Don't let these guys put you off,.. How your pupils gonna raise the cash you rekon? for the cause? I mean,. like most causes, you just have to believe in them and you can be part of the whole cause, you know!?,.. i think that's why standard bank has them free, all these guys are real believers in the cause,.. You should formally approach standard bank to come on board and offer your cause to the kids in your area,.. Grand idea, Cause you can,.. I like it!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
last i heard it was a 'cause' Werner,.. You know im always game for a little firm believing and all,..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I think charging the unemployed to teach them how to invest their money might be a bit difficult, not?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks dixie
0 Kudos
moomoo
Contributor
This is nasty...you want to charge people to teach them how they can lose all their money?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
when's your courses going to start?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey come on moomoo,.. Jaabulo is just tryna make a healthy capitalist buck,. he's smelt the sweet meats,.. cause he can you gather,. cause he can!!
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Perhaps if you wrote a book, like a introduction to trading, and then sell it to the students at R150 it might be more successful, the unemployed school leavers won't have that kind of money for a course like this, I think. But it is good to try and help them...
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Attend the Trade To Trade Well Course first.... It's free.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Do you not have to be a registered finacial advisor to dole out investment advice at a price?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well Njabulo, the upside is your at least trying something. The downside is you can't charge and teach kids without money and the unemployed without money, money to teach them how to invest money they don't have. There seem to be a bit of a conflict of interest here. You want to share your knowledge with people without money - good. You want to charge those same people money, (you where ripped off with R12 000 remember) to teach them something you couldn't do, so you can have another shot at the market. Your business plan is fundamentally flawed. Why not try what most of us did? Study, find a job, save and start investing bit by bit. It will take you years but at least you'll be moving in the right direction. TIP: Paying R 4 000 for an ad is a waiste of money. Trying to sell your story every few months on this forum is a waiste of time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Naaah Brahh,. this is the new seffrica,.. it's just cause he can jy weet,. sommer make the circle beeger ek se,,..
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Well said Kwagga. Say no more. I dont see any Samaritanism in this.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
It seems he's only providing an educational service not financial advice.
0 Kudos