Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

good buy

theyoungster
Super Contributor
i think this one is very undervalue, your opinions?
0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
Not applicable
I've thought so for a while - the forward P/E estimates look very cheap. However, in this environment, one has to wonder whether the estimated profits for any of the asset managers are realistic. If Joe Soap starts withdrawing funds from his unit trust because he sees it losing so much value, there may be trouble in the sector.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
the results are out on 4 march will have to see
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Oi.. Undervalued/oversold/cheap..... maybe. But I've found that things can stay that way for a l.o..n.g time. DO wait for a clear indication of a turnaround. I thought HAR was looking quite expensive a few days ago... and it's just getting more expensive!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Unit trust investors typically do not keep track of the market and tend to move very slowly. Only after a few bad quarters (or maybe a bad year or two) will they think of withdrawing their funds. It is only 9 months since the market peaked, so most of them haven't even noticed the decline yet. The question is not really how these results look, but how they will look next year and the year after that.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Problably a good buy at these levels for the longer term. I wont however use geared instruments in this volatile market or throw the bank at it. Think the people in the know is pricing in some very negative forward sentiment/potential us risk from the results report. Must say getting my capital value in dividents over 2 years sounds very juicy. IMO
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Like John said to me a couple of months ago, "what value" I didn't listen to my detriment. Be wary, UK and US banking sector is still going to get pounded further.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Just shorted it at 685 and now its gone down some more . . . f&^%$!!!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
oops I meant longed it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shorted it ay R7.17 so lucky to all of you who bought it at R6.85. However there seems to be some kind of support at R6.80. I would be very sceptical if it went below that price. Funny thing about markets, it's like trying to lick your elbow, You are right there and yet miss it from a few cm's.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
It just went below . . . damn
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You win some you lose some :(,
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Trend is your friend except at the end where it bends -Ed Seykota Calling a bend will bring you to a swift end.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why do so many people think that OML presents good value at hte moment? M&F posted a loss, Nedbank hasn't let the skeletons out of its CFD exposure closet yet, OML still has undisclosed exposure to the US (sub-prime, I think but don't follow this closely enough)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dare I also say potential managerial issues as well?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
R6.70 !!!
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
R6.60 and falling heehee, even better time to buy for a long term hold
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Stuck at 7.10 :-(
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Huge volumes.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Looks like a new range is being established. Hate to be amongst the first to find out :-(
0 Kudos