Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

good buy

dookie
Regular Contributor
Tim. Are you perhaps a Mauldinite? As in read John Mauldin's Thoughts from the Frontline? I really enjoy it and he specifically talks about and shows how earnings estimates are constantly coming down.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Looks like a binary outcome - very good or very bad.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
643 man that was scary, wonder how many stop losses got hit.
0 Kudos
Aellis
Occasional Contributor
This is BS - I just HAD to weigh down again at 660. 4th March cant come to quick. What concerns me now is that Sanlam is up on the day. Not a game for sissies
0 Kudos
PILOT_ROB
Contributor
Huge volume - seems like a lot of players been shaken out. But how bad can it be - dividend paid end last year and US $ 500 million debt paid back early (was due 2011 - i think). Am I missing something........?????
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The volume looks like a record for this share.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nope, don't recognise the name, never read anything of his...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Usually spike volume represents a trend reversal.. Well I should hope so I am still still at 7.17 haha.. anyone at a higher price to make me feel a bit better? Just replying from the other post when I think Victor asked how we see value in this stock? Well Technically, Stochastics- Oversold Bollinger bands- Fakeout, Increased volume means that the bulls are soon to take over etc etc... At the end of the day, OML has an operating profit of over R1.6 Billion and has positive results. The stock market works like an auction so the fundamentals don't entirely determine the share price in the future.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
If you're into "gurus" try him out. He sends out a free weekly newsletter to a couple of million of his closest friends - Thoughts From the Frontline. They don't spam you to death with junk or anything like that - the mailing list is quite safe. The advertising scattered here & there in the letter is extremely discreet. Sometimes he's quite funny too.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah, don't do "gurus" - don't like anyone with an ego bigger than mine :-P But thanks for the tip...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Anyone know when last it was this low?The ost chart only goes back to Jan 2000.
0 Kudos
PILOT_ROB
Contributor
Russ - as far as I know this is a historical low !!! The way this thing is being sold, you would think they are going out of business.....are they ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Er, it was actually Skaaptjop questioning the value. I think its good value for money, like 2/3s of the stocks on the JSE today.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I don't know but it probably isn't a good idea to go long on a share that is on historical lows.That's a sign that something aint right!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Timon, where did you hear of operating profit at R1,6b? I have searched all sens for announcements in this regard. Last year's operating profit was GBP 1,6, billion - is this what you were refering to?
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
WOOWEE, things must be really bad
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Yeeow.. down 11%. I suppose if it was a good buy yesterday, they're paying you to take it today!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The only problem is that there are statistically more sellers than buyers which means that the bears are still winning. The financials and the overall results were bad and now people are starting to lose confidence in all the financial sectors :(
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
The point everyone IS missing on this one is that the financial markets IS their product! They are in it up to their necks. With this kind of action and as mentioned on another post this one may be SA's corporate failure in the making for this cycle. I mean their US and UK exposure must be at breakdown. If Anglo suspends their dividend as they did this morning as well as buyback of their shares I can almost guarantee you OML will not pay a dividend this year. They just cant afford it!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Jeez, the volume over 5.5m shares already. Guees you can say that another 5.5m shares got out before the news.
0 Kudos