Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

harmony

etrader
Contributor
Any idea why Harmony is not moving like gfi.it use to be the other way around ???
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
It has complete rand exposure whereas gfi is more diversified internationally.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
but that makes even less sense, since gold has cut back a lot since $1000 when gold shares hit all time highs, but in rand terms, it has held up pretty well? STB rates Harmony as a sell, with a Target price of 107, I don't know how they calculate that though
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I should have said it has complete south african exposure. Given our current trade deficit and the probablility of a pseudo commi or at the very least very leftist government in the near future together with a host of other domestic problems, investors are preferring something abit more diversified...at least this is what I'm picking up from the newswires....so don't shoot the messenger. adios!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice rally on atm,up 3.5% the dow...2moro we cud see a big move on the jse
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
Gfi has been under performing Har for a while, me thinks its time to turn the cloths around. technically the interesting thing is GFI and ANG broke through resistance yesterday and formed new highs currently.There is a upside target of plenty!!!DRD is right at resistance which will be broked today and HAR is far from resistance.It has plenty to catch up but at the same time its a good opportunity to long. well its over sold and a good entry level will be today.
0 Kudos