Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

help.my children shrunk the forum

john_1
Super Contributor
Hi guys my daughter was fiddling with my keyboard and has made the font on this site tiny, any bright ideas how to restore it.
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, in IE on the menu, view, text size ? maybe?
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Try clicking on "view" and go down to "font size"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
also check thats he didn't buy you any GFI.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
geez! now you all larger than life, and no goldfields!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
controll key and mouse wheel, what a revalation. I was blind and now I can see!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ha, Ha John. A few weeks back our toddler messed with the hubby's laptop, and pulled all the keys off the keyboard!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
pity they couldnt shrink that loss....ouch! 475 pts higher.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and we climb 100 pts higher....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
not to worry a loss within my system is just like any other, part of normal trading, I am moving to an overnight system with limit down account on IG for the overnight trades, when you get it right it is the easiest money in the market. last night I stayed short and the market surprised no big deal.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just so you relax I am out of my short and have been long since 25750
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
@ what ever time my stop triggered. Ah! how beautiful was that 9am exactly, that means you buying lunch.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
since my money is already in your account this morning. LOL!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
so ...keeping overnight positions a very very bad idea.....sure you are glad you got out o those shorts....still dont know what you mean about throwing extra contracts at it....I have the feeling you were trying to prove the market wrong?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
nah! if a set up for a gap had presented I would have traded an extra contract, so as to profit from the gap as apossed to breaking even from the gap trade as it is I simply went long and am back in profit, path of least resistance and all that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that would still have been making a bad idea a worse idea...the worst would have been if you actually made money from it...I dont get the IG index idea...sounds a bit desperate...smacks of the losing out syndrome...one of the biggest reasons for losing trades...enetering cause you feel you losing out...unless this is part of a genuine swing startegy and you are prepared to put the correct generous stop losses in place to allow these swings to work you are throwing money away...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist I simply follow the alsi so If I am short @the close 7/10 the market gets it right and we head lower, I exit in the am with a greater profit and then look to trade the gap in the morning if like last night the market gets it wrong then a larger than 200 point gap would see me traded out for a loss( smaller profit) with the maximum down side of 200 points. Quite honestly it seems to good to be true but they assure me that this is indeed the case. under normal market conditions it takes me 250 points to reverse a trade so this is in line with my normal stratergy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John if you think the max downside risk is 200 pts you got another thing coming....your method just does not make sense...risk reward is screwed no matter which way you look at it....you talk about gambling...this is gambling without even knowing the odds....I have better things to do in the evening than worry about how the market is going to open....
0 Kudos