Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

hier kom *****

Not applicable
Ftse trying to take out previous lows.....wont be pretty if it does...
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
_nova
Super Contributor
yep, this is going to be an allmighty struggle. Q3 GDP was expected to signal recession but the scary thing is that it's much worse than even pessimistic analysts expected. Consensus was output to fall -0.2% q/q and not -0.5%. Annually they expected +0.6% y/y and not the actual +0.3%. This is going to get ugly and it's going to pull us in with it
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Chartist? Where do you place the last line of defense? I see 3842 as that line and 3800 as the psyco level?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Don't get caught selling as the stoplosses trigger only to see it reverse...just be carefull.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
ja John, I agree, I'm not doing anything right now as the FTSE level is too important and it is probably going to whipsaw something awful. Long or Short, either way you can do serious damage to yourself in this market
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
3842 is holding...so far
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
UH OH, 3800 on the edge. Btw, DOW futures are -500 odd. S&P futures at 855 puts it right there on the edge of the abyss. This is lelik. HKGK
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Could this be the final leg down or the journey to oblivion? He he he....
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
judgeing by some of the comments that are starting to sprout on this forum, I'd say some 'long term investors' are getting seriously uncomfortable. This is awful, it's starting to look like the entire 4 year bull is going to get it's cojones handed to it
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
ja market always overshoots the target in both direction, the way things are going youd think the end of the world is just around the corner, wont be too long before this is also just a blip on a chart. (damn hope im right lol)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Today we celebrate financial market capitulation day. I have never experienced anything remotely close to this in my life. I think everyone that can currently not afford a car or house or any other debt on an 18%+ interest rate should carefully consider their next move. The reserve bank will have to increase interest rates to curb spiraling inflation. The banks are reacting to what I believe will be a terrible few years for them with house and car repossessions. The middle class is going to be whip lashed by all of this and SA growth will go down the toilet. Not to mention the Gold price being used as a punshing bag. Many SA gold mines must be near break even point. If this continues many mines will shut down bosting very badly for the ANC. Lekota's party is going to make a killing on the back of financial turmoil. Interesting times ahead.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BINGO Kwagga by the way that happened to your Zuma Friend Preston !!!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
To think a few US mother *****ers giving loans to people defaulting on even the first payment and Wall street mother *****ers adding risk to these products and reselling them started all of this. Wizard - Do you still like investment bankers? I told you months ago that they are a bunch of greedy *****s with no consideration for anyone except themselves.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
3800 has become pivotal today on the FTSE
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwagga I also believe this to be the capitulation phase, just went long BIL at R137. Small exposure though, closed half my banking shorts this morning, I just believe that when fear is this hih we are bound to have a bear market rally next week. This on Bloomberg: "Trading in futures on the Standard & Poor's 500 Index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average was limited to stop contracts from dropping, following declines of more than 6 percent." Fear is at an all time high, if we don't crash and I mean really crash) we will rally. Meandering down will not be the way this will play out... Tight stop on that BIL long :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SOL showing relative strength with oil hitting critical support levels, looking good for a quick in and out if this rally happens. The DOW will be very entertaining tonight, total capitulation or remarkable rally into the close?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
this only being the start of the Capitualtion period if it is..
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
With futures limit down in the US we will see the DOW below 8000 today. S&P below 840 is over the edge of the abyss.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ag, I know things look extremely bad right now... it's just the contrarian in me coming through. I'm still short on most of my portofolio, but like I said, when fear is this high it's volatility that brings home the bacon. Cherry picking small exposure longs will be my strategy leading into next week. R137 on BIL seems to hold for now, nibbled at SOL just now...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sasol plunges... got out on the stop loss? BIL R137 entry holding up well though.
0 Kudos