Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

iPad...

Werner_1
Super Contributor
So who here wants an iPad? These are really awesome little devices... I gave my details to the Apple Store in the Waterfront in CPT and they will let me know when i can get mine..
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
According to 702 it will probably only be closer to fourth quarter of the year. I'll wait for the HP/Microsoft/Samsung clone that can run Flash and Java properly and will be half the price.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Oh boy, another electronic gadget. Just what I don't need. No thanks, I'll pass on this one. All the techno geeks, please rush to buy yours now before it becomes cheaper, faster and with multi tasking capabilities.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
In case anyone is still deciding, here is a nifty little flowchart to help you decide :)... http://www.bbspot.com/News/2010/03/should-i-buy-an-ipad.html
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
multi-tasking is coming in the next release of the apple os, for both the iphone and ipad. its only a software upgrade, so existing phones and ipads will be able to upgrade... The ipad is a very easy to use computer that will benefit the non-computer-geeks the most...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
really funny flowchart - i want the ipad though... haha...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
multi tasking on for 3gs and 4 .. not 3.x
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Y,. search ebay,. they are already out there,.. top specs,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I jailbroke my iPhone first thing,.. what a piece of carp otherwise,.. Cracked, it's a pretty awesome piece of gadgetry,.. As for the iPad!? well,. if it can do what my mbp can do, offer me something more than just a giant iPhone,. well then it's well worth the investment surely,. At this point though i think they really under-catered to their clients needs with this product,.. Jobs was out on a limb, he made it for his vrou!? she was like moaning all the time at him,. but there is no device for me darling!! Thus the iPad was boorn,..
0 Kudos
HHuysamen
Occasional Contributor
You can order it from the US via local site, Have2Have.co.za I don't think they have stock atm, but will probably be before the official channel...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
yes, they referred to as 'the grey market' though... there's been some articles about this.. thanks for telling us though.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
yes and another option Amazon,surely they are legal?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
yes, i think that would work... would they send overseas though? I think grey market is legal, only issue is that the apple store in SA is not geared to support any faulty products yet, so if one gets them and they not working there could be issues... i think apple might not support these imports in SA because of their distributor warranty... i'm not too sure.
0 Kudos