Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

iPhone and OST

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you figure you can get a trade done via a phone with mini keyboard (or even worse that screen thingy apple thinks is a key board) quick ??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I use a blackberry..but its not the phone...here is what you do.. open an IGMarkets acount..no cost..then install the igmoblie download..have them load Live SA prices onto your acount and set up your watchlist...then you can see market live....sit at the beach or go for a walk..and when the market hits your level..phone to trade on OTS..or DWT.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
PS...and it works with the Iphone.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WHAT?...John u do really live in a fairtytale world sometimes....have u never heard of limit orders/automated buys/stop losses whatever u wanna call it?...mate when I go to the beach or go for a walk I go to the beach or for a walk....whats the point of being glued to a screen? ...u forget one of the biggest mistakes of the amateur trader is not being able to overcome the fear of being left out...this is not like the school playground....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Oh my God...What is your problem...I am responding to pilot rob...as to how to make his phone work...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I agree that fearing being left out is the ulitmate sin..as it means you are gripped buy both fear and greed..the twin evils of the market, and one of them is bound to ***** you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err...I dont think he needs to go to the beach or go for a walk to make his phone work...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
the point is he is not at his desk. I use this to move up stops when I am out..never to enter a trade.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
And just for the record only you got left out on the school playground mate, What was the issue...were you the fat boy as well as the fag?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err trailing stops? and if the OST cannot run on a mobile device (which it cannot) how would u be able to move your stops up if you cannot even view your positions...a spike may already have taken you out? cum on John that was just some lill romantic amateur trader notion of being able to trade while at leisre
0 Kudos
PILOT_ROB
Contributor
John - seems like a great idae !!! Where do I get info about the IG Market account. Thnaks mate.
0 Kudos
PILOT_ROB
Contributor
Sorry about the spelling..............
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
www.igmarkets.co.uk...register for a demo account..then go to www.igmobile.com (.co.uk) and download the apple iphone package then off you go..demo last 2 weeks so you will need to open a real account if you like.
0 Kudos
PILOT_ROB
Contributor
Thanks - good constructive advice and a superb trade on OML has made my day !! Happy trading.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
you can do to igmobile from your phone..to do the download dirrect.
0 Kudos