Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

im i gonna make money out of merafe?

Not applicable
i have just bought 3000 shares out of merafe andsome instict is telling me i made a bad move! its all too wobbly! can i plz obtain advice from an experienced trader? plz!
0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
asylum
Super Contributor
well why did you buy in the first place, is it a fundamental or technical buy, or as it seems to me just a shot in the dark?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
technical buy! well to teel the truth, im still new to this trading game and i'l confess that i actually just shot in the dark and just hoped to get someting owt! im just praying as it is!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
do not worry it is not to much money
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanx, bt now how do i set a stop loss again?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
on the menu .. my account .. my portfolio .. stop loss is under the right hand section ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Merafe looks good on the chart; AND it has lagged the resource sector by some way. Should run soon. In fact I'll take a position and toss them out at 134ish if they drop. IMO
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
So, are you you happy with your Merafe now? It looks like she's on her way.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hope this share will hit a new 12 month high
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
162 is the resistance price on the trading channel
0 Kudos
shailen
Contributor
Do you think its good to invest in this share?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanx guyz! i see the light now! i reali appreciate ur imput! lets hope it makes it to 200c
0 Kudos
shailen
Contributor
Is share is taking off or not? Any bets on what it will close at
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I dont understand why anybody would buy R4000 odd worth of shares. The costs kill you and by the time you are in and out you need 10-15 % justto break even. Personally I'd rather save up and only buy when I have at least 10-15g.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I dont understand why anybody would buy R4000 odd worth of shares. The costs kill you and by the time you are in and out you need 10-15 % justto break even. Personally I'd rather save up and only buy when I have at least 10-15g.
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
i think R4k is ok to trade - if my wife sees R4k in a saving acc its as good as gone - 100% lost
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
mark ... how much are you paying for trading fees, I don't think the rest of us pay as much? lol.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
3000: buy @ 150c, sell @ 200c; leaves you with R1350 before normal tax; "type" of trader on this platform supposedly at highest tax rate leaves you with R810 - if you repeat this 20 times a month, nett R16 200 after tax. Some you win, some you lose and not all will run to a gross 33% profit. Sounds a gamble of highest proportions to me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ha ha. you right just a bit of hyperbole, still expensive though.. On a more serious note I think we all need to learn the art of siphoning off a bit each month without the wife knowing. When that nest egg suddenly appears after 30 years she will love you for it. I guess the risk is that she catches you siphoning it off and accuses you of keeping a misses on the side, divorces you and then gets it all in settlement anyways.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am rolling in the floor in stiches...just the comic relief one needs after a really dull day
0 Kudos