Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

im i gonna make money out of merafe?

Russ
Super Contributor
Who would have thought jimmy's wobbly share would gain 14% in 2 days?
0 Kudos
MarkD
Contributor
According to my hurried calculation, on R3500 you need 4.5% to break even. If you buy in small amounts of 3.5k-5k like I do at the moment, buy for the longer term (which to me is a couple of years) and pick stocks that have good dividend returns and good prospects, its totally worth it. Im up alot more than 4.5% overall at the moment. If you are doing this daily then fair enough, youd need more cash.
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
what really happened here? 14% in 2 days???
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Jimmy, you state that you are hoping and praying the traded goes your way...my advice would be to close the position ASAP and only trade again when you know why you are getting in, when you will get out, where your stop is, what was your entry set up, what was your entry trigger, what is your profit target. If you're trading on a prayer, you'll soon find yourself in hell.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip .. hope an praying don't make for trading ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Yes,whatever happens don't start thinking it's easy to make money here.The minute you think that or start getting greedy Mr.Market will teach you a swift lesson!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
j: hop you took your profits at 162 yesterday. no greed allowed here.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
j: hope you took your profits at 162 yesterday. no greed allowed here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Having bought 5000 @ 140 3 weeks ago and looking purely at the technical aspect (in for the short term) it was a very good buy. If you drew a chart you will note a 40 day EMA is about to cross the 200 day MA (a short EMA of 14 days already crossed the 200 day MA) and the price is way above the 200 day MA. I will get out when MRF hits the 175-180 mark with a profit of between 22-26% (yes, I only buy to hold for 30 days). I guess it depends on your trading strategy to determine whether it was a good buy. It might even hit the 210 mark (will be a little angry if I then sold at 175-180).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
LABAT AFRICA FORCAST BEST GROWTH FOR 2015. GET IN ON THIS ONE. THEY EXPECTED TO BUY OVER A BIG COMPANY SOON SHARE PRICE IS ON A BIG INCLINE OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. ENJOY THE RIDE UP.
0 Kudos