Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

impact of inward listing

Not applicable
Just a thought, I know that since Steinhoff will be treated as an inward listed company, and in terms of recent changes, means they are still treated as a domestic share. However, perhaps some institutions still treat inward listed companies as foreign, and are offloading now in accordance with their investment strategies?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AJ_
Contributor
Do you expect a further pullback. What is the next support level. Will consensus change to "hold" or should 1 buy now
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well, you need to take this pullback into perspective. It is not even 20% off its highs. I just don't think it is going to bounce back - with an inward listing looming. Why would any foreign investor buy a stock on the JSE that is going to listed on a more robust, cheaper and less exposed to currency risks exchange? It flags as a buy in my books - only I already bought (and have taken a 10% hit). I might pump my Rolfes proceeds into some more though.
0 Kudos
AJ_
Contributor
my holding cost is 54.95. I recall someone mentioned it could fall to around R46 i.e a 16% drop since I bought them. Do you think it will recover within a year considering the new offshore listing.
0 Kudos