Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

inconsistant web

Jughead
Contributor
I nearly had a heartattack i bought warrants for 23c My portfolio shows i bought it for 70c. This is realy shocking!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
ouch. what happend. did you go at market price or what.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Never buy @ market,always but always state your price.it would also be goodto contact Standard in this case by phone.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I just got off the phone with OST. My ASA short was doing something weird as well. The explanation I got was that satrix has fed the futures price into the MTM slot. I suspect theres some sort of data feed mixup somewhere. I asked OST to sort it out. The danger for me is that I'm left with a huge negative when I should be positive. There's a risk that I can get closed out if the market turns slightly. . . . . . Simon PLEASE CHECK ON THIS!!!
0 Kudos
Jughead
Contributor
The transaction did go through at 23c but still shows a loss of 76% on my portfolio although my portfolio balance shows correct. phew!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you confused the system because you sold and then you bought .. contact the call center tell them what price you want ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
MTM is neither here nor there .. it is the SAFEX (not satrix) number, but it is only effective when the market is closed .. as soon as trading starts we value off bid or offer ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
thing is you scored on the mtm value last night which was too low ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Exit reached, a quick 12% overnight. Hope the calcs are correct.
0 Kudos