Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

instead of trading the markets

gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
why not just buy Goldman Sachs shares?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
take oils surge today... Goldman reckons good for US80....ping... Goldman shares tipped from US140 to US170+. When Goldman says up- up it goes. When Goldman says down- likewise. Either way Goldman is one step ahead... therefore if you are long Goldman you are long the fat controller and have the 'house odds'
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Except most of their cash goes into their own pockets and they throw a few s*****s to the stock holders. Buffett got a good deal - essentially an option to buy at a reasonable price, with a 10% per year pref payment in case it doesn't go up.
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
not strictly true... they are big time share holders. Thats one of the reasons they want TARP off their back ASAP. Anyway- think of the downside Risk... or lack of it. Perhaps best to buy Goldman and out the money puts on the S&P
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Goldman proved their competence during the crisis, lol, they still around. i really think the best US institutions are JPMorganChase and GoldmanSachs, i really like both...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Goldman proved their competence during the crisis, lol, they still around. i really think the best US institutions are JPMorganChase and GoldmanSachs, i really like both...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Sorry, IE jammed and i clicked a few times too much... apologies for the multiple comments...
0 Kudos