Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

intraday

Not applicable
which product should you use for intaday trading?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the cheapest, and that's CFD's .. warrants cheaper per trade, but spreads will kkill any profits ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, you may have missed the post last week but a Q on CFD

Simon, I have not tried it live yet but am working on a system for CFD intraday. Are the intraday costs for CFD similar to Warrant that if I buy and sell in same day and then buy again (possible to sell again) I will only pay the single costs for each direction or do I rework it for costs and comm on each entry and exist? I know the exit comm is reduced for the same day exit but is it for every time or a single costs over the day? Tnx
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes .. there will be only one brokerage of R50 +vat for purchase/sale .. the comm wiill be at 0.35% for all .. a sale the same day will be at 0.2% comm .. the system records full costs during the day, but when we run MTM it corrects costs ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Great that helps with the formulas to test the system. Thanks for the info.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, I don't think it is possible to trade intraday with CFD's either, you still have a spread problem to overcome. Personally, I think it is only possible to trade intraday with futures contracts on the index, where your spread is less than 1% of ATR
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, ALSI probably always best .. not with standign massive risk that wiill slaugfhter most people .. but also with say AGL spread is 18c on a R280 stock ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Njabulo - I find Jack Daniels works on days like these
0 Kudos