Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

investment club

kk
Occasional Contributor
Hi everyone. How do I start an investment club and not necessarily with people I stay with or personally know?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
asylum
Super Contributor
Dont know but glad to see you did not add another K to your hanle.
0 Kudos
kk
Occasional Contributor
Funny... A mistake I will have to leave with...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
kk which part of the country are you from.
0 Kudos
kk
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
kk might join your club
0 Kudos
kk
Occasional Contributor
Ok, that's interesting. Can you then come with suggestions as to how we can go about this new club of traders?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I'm in Jhb, I'd consider.
0 Kudos
kk
Occasional Contributor
Ok, 3 can make a good start. Let's brainstorm a way forward. I'm in centurion.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
One thing about the club is to get the peaople, the other thing is to set the rules, the last (first) thing is to decide on the style for the club. My suggestion is you go for a 'Stokvel' - but take note, the FSB is involved everywhere. One way or another your'e in for big *****.
0 Kudos
kk
Occasional Contributor
Agree 100%. rules shud be simple though. no complx economic staff. meeting once a month/bimonthly can do. how is FSB involved in small clubs?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
all ur problems solved. bring cash to bree street this afternoon. wear dark sunglasses. i'll recognise u. once i have the cash, i'll contact u for further discussion. all profits will be shared equally-no tax no questions - honest! no fsb
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
http://www.fsb.co.za/ click on regulated Industries, click on Friendly Societies, phone one of the contact numbers
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
What are the objectives of the club? To discuss ideas - or to collectively invest as a group with a pool of funds? I imagine the latter to be a problem, wasn't what I had in mind.
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
Kenneth Kuanda was the most (in)famous KK i knew of, but that was then, and this is now....
try bjm.co.za - they had some of the forms. Else email me [email protected] and I'll send you ours - no cash or welding helmets required
0 Kudos
kk
Occasional Contributor
to collectively invest our funds. it brings a bigger return. don't u think?
0 Kudos
kk
Occasional Contributor
r u being funny or serious? bcos i don't like jokes like that. u imply stupidity n that's not nice. pls if u don't have anything to say, don't reply. this site is supposed to be for people who want to progress in life not bored n waste other people's valuable time.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
KK
Despite my handle, willing to email you what we have. Our CLUB'S aims are to learn, drink beer, play golf, have fun, and beat the ALSI.
Will also send virtual rhino-skin for you to slip into - you'll need it on this forum :)
0 Kudos