Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

investor presentation

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
Ja, I read through it over the weekend. I have always been a BSR fan, but there are a lot of ifs and buts in this strategy. They are entering into a market sector that is quite possibly outside of their core competency, with a lot of companies in a far more advanced position to knock over. Still, good to see a construction company with a plausible strategy, the cost of implementation is not so big, so it is not like they are betting the farm on it.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
skaap, yip ..lots of rarara which always worries me .. ut as you point out, low cost coupled wit a big IF .. risk reward be nice .. but TWP still bothering me .. that said I am buying contruction and have been since late last year, BSR was on my maybe list, this edged it up the list ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, out of interest - how much of a portfolio are you allocating to construction?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
long answer to a simple question .. currently about 6% is directly invested (this of my total 'investing' portfolio but of my non blue chip/ETF is is about 25%) .. happy to push it way higher as the cycle goes my way .. that said my construction holdings are some +20% up on purchase price (incl dividends) .. also bulk of portfolio is long term dividend payers (blue chips) and ETF's (beta) ..

even longer answer, trading aside I run 2 portfolios, my blue cip and ETF which is about 75% of overall portfolio, the rest is the 'growth' buy low sell high stuff (alpha) .. construction sits in that ..
0 Kudos
Jonty1
Not applicable
Hi Simon is this stock hot or not? Last night (2011-10-13), you were of the view that it is not. this seems to be contradictory to your posts. Ashley
0 Kudos