Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

invplc

SIMBA
Super Contributor
I thought Investec took it on the chin and sold off all of its subprime liabilities.If the subprime problem is exspected to peak in +/- 4 months,i would have thought Invplc would be worth a punt at R65.00.Or will they b tarred with the same brush as those banks that are trying to trade out of the problem.As always your input would be welcome befor i do my boots regards............
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Dr_Who
Occasional Contributor
I'd stay away from any bank associated with this Ponzi scheme. It will get ugly.
0 Kudos
Victoria_1
Contributor
To whom and how could they sell their subprime liabilities. What is a Ponzi scheme?
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Ponzi Scheme - Definition of Ponzi Scheme on Investopedia - A fraudulent investing scam that promises high rates of return at little risk to investors.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In the Sunday Times Business section on both 9/12/07 and 16/12/07 they stated that they had not sold the company involved in the sub-prime loans and that only "parts" were for sale.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It's hard to believe it could fall much further but I'm not brave enough to call a bottom on this one.
0 Kudos