Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ipad and java

raps
Frequent Contributor
I am finally able to views ost graphs on my ipad. Its done via a program called "always connect on pc" I purchased it from the app store. Admittedly, it is a bit slow, but hey its better than nothing. I hope this helps. I think it is also compatible with samsung galaxy.
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
sponono
Super Contributor
cant find it on my samsung tab. q though is when is dinosaur OST going to develop an app for tab/ipad trading. FNB has already developed tab/ipad banking app but OST is still stuch in the past, very disappointing!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
banking app a spot different from a trading app neh ..
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
This is the website: alwaysonpc.com
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
This is the website: alwaysonpc.com
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
agreed Simon but developing a banking app shows progress. their next stop is probably a share investing app but what is SBK doing except to get stuck on windows
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
maybe they are, or isn't .. who knows .. but then what platform ?? iOS, Win8, Android (which version ?? 2,3,4 or 5) .. what of black berry .. smart phone of tablet .. the cry of 'give us an app' is nice an easy .. but actual reality a spot more ..

personally I would wait for html5 to be standardised and rather develop in that ..
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
It's high time OST developed a program for tablet users. I cannot fault ost's service thus far but I feel that sot should get with the times and develop an app for us tablet users. I am sure there are fair number of us out there.
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
It should cater for all platforms
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an app doesn;t carter for all .. each OS is different and needs a different app ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
which tablet ?? and how many is a 'fair number' an on which devices ??
0 Kudos
Lindsay_1
Contributor
I use TeamViewer (www.teamviewer.com) to view OST from my iPad. Workls a treat and it is free.
0 Kudos
Lindsay_1
Contributor
I use TeamViewer (www.teamviewer.com) to view OST from my iPad. Workls a treat and it is free.
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
No need to get so defensive Simon. It is a legitimate gripe. My account with forex.com caters for my iPad so why not ost? By "us" I mean galaxy and iPad users.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not defensive simple pointing out that requests that seem massively simple are not always .. glaxy tab and iPad are two totally different apps .. and that's my point, add in windows 8 tablets coming in Q4 and the BB play book .. now you have 4 apps you've built .. your glaxy app is ice cream sandwich, but what of ginger bread and jelly bean due in Q4 .. so now we have 6 apps you've built .. and then of course there are smart phones .. an app for cients means around 10 apps you have to develope .. sure the user wants them, but for a dev team it a nightmare .. hence my html5 omment, which would work across all platforms, but html5 still early days with no standards so dev teams taking a wait an see approach ..

an of course the biggest Q is why ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lindsay, can you trade using Team Viewer? ie, buy or sell? Or is it only for viewing?
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an of course the other question is how many tablet users are there in SA (across all platforms) ?? is it a worth while market ?? would dev money not be better spent on website enhancements that benefit everybody ??
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
Lindsay, how do u use teamviewer to look at graphs. I downloaded it but not entirely sure how to use it
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
Lindsay, how do u use teamviewer to look at graphs. I downloaded it but not entirely sure how to use it
0 Kudos