Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ipsa price drop - why?

Ramsay
New Contributor
What is going on with this share? We are entering winter i.e energy demand increasing. Regulated prices are set to rise i.e they are guaranteed improved margins. I think they have cleaner technology than Eskom i.e an environmental benefit. There is a general undersupply of electricity to the market that is not going away...What am I missing?...it should be a winner I have hit my stop loss limit (20%) and should be bailing out - any sages out there with greater insight?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
vishal
Regular Contributor
Wait it out a little bit more and c. I bought more on the downside.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but don't they only produce some 18 watts of power? Or some other igsignificant amount?
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
Very insignificant amount of power produced. Plus they have been all talk no action, where are the power plants they have been talking about? I wonder who buys their power when the Demand Market participation program offered by some utilities make financial sense to the energy Market
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
18 watts of power thats a whole 1x small fluorecent light bulb?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still @ 1Kw house/month (realistic ?) they only supply 18,000 houses.
0 Kudos
Ramsay
New Contributor
So, if I get this correctly (thanks for the replies), there is little faith in this company's short to medium term performance potential...however,it may be one for the long term (given the "fundamentals" cited in the first posting?
0 Kudos
Harley
Contributor
Come on people- be realistic. I don't think Std Bank would invest R36 million in IPS if there were no value. This is a long term investment - Not for the faint hearted. This is a definite winner longterm.OMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Coming back nicely...
0 Kudos