Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

joke to start the week...before the shares make there own jokes

mightymouse
Contributor
a guy watches his boss how he runs his bussiness.he decides to leave and open he own becuase it seems so easy. so off he goes and follows all the legal requirements including opening his bank account and with in days he receives his cheque book,his exited as now he can run his bussiness the way his boss use to do it.he starts writing out cash cheques to every supplier that comes in , his really on the role. couple of days later the bank manager phones him and say. sir have been writing out cash cheques however there is no money in your account and now u have to repay your debt ,he replies no prblem manager how much do i owe u, so off he goes to the bank to pay the debt.when he gets there he is so exited to see the manager and the manager is so relieved to the client ,knowing the debt can be settled , and he says to the manager i would never let u down ,and he opens his cheque book wallet ,the bank manager smiles knowing the money will be laid on the table and the client takes out a pen ,writes out a cash cheque for the full amount owing and hands it to the bank manager and says that should take care of the debt on my account. Note : whatever u do -dont try it please.let it remain a joke until april fools day only...hahahhaha.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tango
Super Contributor
No joke - I've seen a guy in the Standard Bank trying to explain to the teller that yes, he did want to open a new account at the bank, and yes, he did already have an account at the branch, but the problem was that he is overdrawn on that account, and he needs some more money, so the best way seems to be to simply open a new account so that he can get an additional overdraft.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Tango ...did that guy succeed... Very innovative thinking.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I don't know. I was trying to pass a post-dated cash cheque made out to a friend in dollars who had then endorsed it and changed the payee to me in Rands.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Kinda weird... the bank just wouldn't budge on the exchange rate?
0 Kudos