Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

just checking how stupid I am....

Not applicable
U know usually when someone insults you you take it from whence it comes. So when it comes from someone you respect and who certainly has a high profile you take a bit more notice ...so i thought let me just check how stupid/how ***** a trader I am (his words not mine). Today BIL got down to 5% below the level (25493) i suggested a sell. The put warrant traded at 27c (5c above entry) ...23% return...not great but not *****...and ceratinly not stupid. I know Simon suggested i just sweep this one under the carpet...i tried but i kept feeling stupid.
0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
richardw
Super Contributor
A therapist would really be a better place for this discussion :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i tried but she said i needed to do some cognitive work.. in essence do a do a reality check ..I did and this is what i came up with...she said I no longer needed the treatment (for this particular problem) treatment for the other conditions is ongoing...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an of course if you wheren't merely looking for a bun fight you'd actually engage as to why I still call it a bad trade ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
u never gave any you just said you had "lots or reasons"....but you see Simon as long as i had a reason thats all that matters...and even if it was a ***** reason and even if this trade had gone against me it would still ahve been a good trade....because my reasons may be different from yours it give you no right to call someone stupid or a bad trader. U nevre even stoped to ask my reason. This kind of arrogance is something i have heard you pontificate on many occasions..trade to trade well no?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
arrogance in the market always comes back to bite you...you should know that...
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Now it is for this reason I sit on the sidelines and have a giggle about you guys every day. Forget about trading, you can make a lot more money with stand up comedy!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
suggesting a trade and actually profiting from it are two completely differnt things... from my experience those that suggest 90% of the time are the ones never taking the trades...its just a ego trip..)ooo look at me i was RIGHT!!" oh please .
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
come on ABT, give it a rest, the smell just gets worse...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this has nothing to do with profiting from a trade..i never said I did. This is about Simon calling me stupid and a ***** trader....its not even about the outcome of the call ... Dont u just love these guys that like to throw punches from behind?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simons rectum must be well stretched now...u guys gonna tear something competing to get in there...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hey Alsitrader... we all make stupid trades from time to time including me, Simon and you etc. So give it up... we all want to make those clever trade only. I don't care who critises me here...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was thinking more along the lines of a WWF traders fight off...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
could agree more...its how we make it right that matters...sweep it under the carpet?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is the sort of post that will eventually lead to your 2nd banning. Nothing to do with your bad call on BIL, your poor knowledge of EW's, or your confusion about gap closes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh yeah and using the word for fecal matter to decribe someone and calling them stupid is fine? ....of but i forgot ...u cant ban the banner...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey alsi get ready for the short within the next hour.Stop all this bul***** arguing,just give us your count and if u wrong be a MAN and admit it.If u cant go see 'n kopdokter to sort out the problem.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ive given you my count...as i said im already seeing a kopdokter...she said I need to do some reality testing and I did...reality still tells me it was a profitable trade...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maybe u need another kopdokter.Go see RAMS maybe he is a kopdokter.
0 Kudos