Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

just installed a new computer...

barry_1
Super Contributor
...with the help of some friends over last week end ,as old one crashed,not many technichians available,as they are all now working for the mines around here.......for some one like me that only started using a computer at age 45,(now69)hate new comps,as not trained in them and each new one brings new troubles....perhaps forumites can guide me,thanks.Have e-mail winows six.All my post goes to inbox as should be EXCEPT Standard Bank which goes direct to DELETED ITEMS.why i dunno as wellas how to correct.I also have no charts on Windows XP even after l down loading java,but donnt worry about as hoping to get a relative next month to have alook at that particular problem.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
barry_1
Super Contributor
thats outlook express six not windows sorry
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Barry about your java heres what you need to do to get it to work open your internet browser go to TOOLS, look for (manage add ons)then go to (enable or disable add ons)there you will find a list of all your add ons look for SUN JAVA Consol clik on it once and see if it has been enabled, if not click on ENABLE and then OK. That should do it. Let me know if you come right. Cheers.
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
If you are using Outlook Express for your mails, Std Bank might be in your Blocked Senders list. To check, go to Tools | Message Rules | Blocked Senders List. Obviously if they are in the list remove them. Hope this helps...
0 Kudos
Marko_1
Contributor
U may also have to go to Sun-site for Java updating to keep things "running cool" .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You should be using Windows Explorer 7 - which also updates your Outlook Express. Check for updates for your computer - Start -> Programs -> Microsoft Updates - after loading & checking your computer and installing updates - do a search for Windows Explorer 7 and download - & Good to remember for all problems "Read the Screen"
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks to every one that is trying to help a "computer illiterate" like m'self,that u all took the time to reply!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks,i checked out but found no enable or disable there,perhaps this is the problem?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks for the reply,at least this is one operation i managed with your help!Also in future i now also know what to do with unwanted junk mail !
0 Kudos