Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

leader

sponono
Super Contributor
Best performing stock for the year up 258%. Now if only we can have futures/CFDs on this one
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I make lots of mistakes investing, that's just how it is .. but selling ELI at 195c one of the worst ..
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
i often wondered why you got rid of it....if i may ask
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it was going nowhere and the cash flow was always frot and every six months Wayne Samson would have a story as to why, but it always bothered me, and sill does .. then of course the dodgy land deal they did but 'forgot' to tell the market about .. a one off dividend that they said was the start of payments, but wasn't .. in short - too much was worrying me ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Bought some before I went on leave and it's up 12.4% since then. I expect some sort of pullback after this December run, but there are zero complaints from me.
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
i've been holding since R1.65.... Must say some of the jargon used(not forgetting the news) can get one out early sometimes. I remember driving to the EC 8 August last year when the court case with Taste surfaced... I checked my Bloomberg and i noticed the 12% drop, i could have stopped the car and sold right there. Again the Friday dropped 8%... It has since gone up 52% & I continue to hold. Wish I could have done the same with Shoprite when it announced the rights issue
0 Kudos