Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

lets put today into perspective

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Employ people to trade for you - on commission. Ordinary people who have a little common sense and "paint(trade) by numbers."
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Van Tharps point is rather that the people who make the most are discretionary .. but the majority of people who try discretionary fail ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
ie. The rare beast that has a "feel" for the market?? Or thinks he does!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, I don't consider myself lucky. I have a consistently applied logic to my trades which over the year has proven very successful. Except that I had a bad month in August, which I won't comment on!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
:) wasn't suggesting you're lucky .. an by my definination I not even sure you're discretionary ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I will say this - after "x" years of trading - I am still saying "I should have" & "I knew it" & "why didn't I..." I also spend a fair amount of time indulging in self-deprecation. Trading, it turns out, has been an ongoing attack on my self-esteem. And yet I persist. This is psychological warfare.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Case in point - you are up at 6am and blogging already - trade on brother!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah off for TV :) I always up early but only drinkin coffee unless TV calls ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
As I said - doubting my sanity. BUT actually suffering from an early retirement. So I keep my own hours. Benn up and reading financials since 4am. Yawn.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I think you need to do a 10km run at 4am in the morning. Imagine all the happy cells you will have once trading begins at 9am.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
poor old coot , he retired with not enough dough , now hes up stressing at 4am because of ulcers and a bad prostate .
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Retired at 36. 6 years ago. I am a prisoner of my assets. I have plenty of dough though. BUT thanks for caring. LOL.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Wish I could retire at 36, got 5 years to go first....
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I'll trade you my early retirement for your 11 years.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Bob, that is a very bad deal.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I tried early retirement for 4 months....sitting in front of the computer screen everyday for eternity was not for me.....back to my day job but trading on daily charts ...now making money, lots of it, with very little time(10 minutes a day) spent in front of computer screen...."Rich in Time"(unquote, SP Brown)
0 Kudos