Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

licencing cell phones

qwest
Frequent Contributor
The latest robery the government is contemplating is for cell phones users to licence cell phones,same as TV licences
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
samoa
Super Contributor
With the effectiveness we became used to?Ja Swaar, if you are stupid, you are, aint you? Next will be licensed sex,licensed crime,licensed internet...etc. Just how stupid you really want to be? Licensed stupidity?
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
If you are ambitious,you can even add licensed guns?or bicycles? or taxis?or cars? or shebeens? or ,,,let me rather get out of here before I licensed members of parliament, Banana Republic? Bafana Bafana!!Liewe Heksie, Livinia was haar naam. Roep die Toordokters
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
I will call in the Hawks! Presies dieselfde as Die Scorpions maar heeltemal anders.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
qwest, with respect you have caught the wrong end of the tail .. the cell providers want to deliver TV to cell phones, current law says anything that can receive TV must have a TV license .. naturally this would be crazy so gov is looking at changing the law ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I don't usually watch TV, insult to intelligence. Now we're going to get that ***** on our cell phones.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Now THAT's a great one - not usually watch TV... one new intelligent creature added to my list of celebs. I do suppose you watch sports?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Only the occasional game usually at the pub. I get most of my news off the internet. News is old by the time it reaches TV. SABC is still ***** . . . mind numbing soaps and irritating US sitcoms. Do the people at SABC think everyone is as stupid as they are and are they trying to make us as stupid as they are.
0 Kudos
qwest
Frequent Contributor
SimonPB you could be wright, I read so far and got upset and through the paper in the trash bin.
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
Please guys lets get the facts first before making damning statements - see what you all have done to poor Muis. He has blown his top off and threw all his toys out of the cot! Steady now Muis, breathe in, breathe out! You can keep your cellphone :-)
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Don't worry. Service providers can not cut off 20+ million cell phones if they are not licensed. We see another court case coming up, just like the firearms relicensing fiasco.
0 Kudos