Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

like a breath offresh air !

barry_1
Super Contributor
Interesting to see construction that has been under water for the last year taking off,also banks,real estate and comsumerables as well
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SKALA
Super Contributor
Very happy to see my PPC and BSR holdings jumping.
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
do u think Murray & Roberts will also bounce back?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
hope so,4% up today ,good start
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Funny the market seems to prefer the higher debt construction companies. I would have thought Aveng would be the winner, but so it goes. none of them are tradeable, IMO - way to range bound, but for the longer term, I think BSR is offering pretty decent value, with aveng maybe a safer option, but a bit more expensive
0 Kudos
Not applicable
From a pure value point of view, to me it seems that Esor Franki offers the best value - they are just shy of R1bn market cap - so maybe 40% smaller than BSR, but have a lower PE and higher dividend's. So they come off a lower base, are at a size that institutions will take note, have a pretty decent African footprint, and growing every year!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
When i did my research last year they already showed a strong balance sheet.Since then their price along with all other construction shares continued to sink,but now it seem a reversal is in progress and we can expect better things. It's on my small cap list,but if it continues to improve will make it onto the mid-cap list as well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
they need to keep moving now, Im holding ESR MUR RBX BSR SAN (hoping to get out of SAN soon)
0 Kudos