Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

like a broken record...we are filling the gap...

john_1
Super Contributor
I repeat... I think this is going to get ugly.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Org said "My lines show the future ..." Does what's happening now have something to do with his lines, or is this more to do with yesterday? Ugly ? How Ugly? My portfolio is still up - should I run? Lol. Chartist - for us who want to learn what you're on about, how about a cast on "Gap Analysis", Ta.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
saash...have done one.....you welcome to scratch around for it...www.screencast.com/chartist...called gap play
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
took a short for 50pts just to pay for lunch when I came back...lunch was great ended up going to river cafe which is on Uitsig farm...luvly...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I feel a nice long coming on as the dow completes this retarcement almost there....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sweet. well done. I have done ok today R3000.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
4600...but we no bragging....little concerned with the head and shoulder s developing on on the 5 min dow.....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
mine was with just one contract, but no bragging please... yeah mate broken support tried and failed twice if this rally comes to nothin. I am not worried I will just go short.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you see John that the thing with day trading...I care not which way the market goes...and I got to bed a carefree and content person...cause I know tomorrow when I wake up there is another day full of endless possibilities...no worries about your positions are an impending crash... all I worry about is that we will have volatility...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
U are right Chartist and that she blows! We oght to see a great deal more recovery tomorrow,although by 4 pm as i always do will sell into strength!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Yeah! volitlity is very important in this game, but make hay while the sun shines ... I think that I am going use my IG account, for overnight trades, that way the worst thing that can happen is 150 points loss but it will mean that you get to double the returns when you pick the dirrection right, one riding the gap overnight and one riding the closing of the gap the next day... what do you think.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You may be selling into weakness if you dont wait for that head ans shoulders to resolve itself......If it breaks its not going to be pretty
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John since the dow selling started we have only had a 61.8 rtarcement rally....that says we are still in a down trend....13323 is what to look for on the Dow...26200 on alsi...am am playing the short side thats where I made the money today....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I agree, I have this new theory on gaps, its not the ones that close that matter, its the ones that dont close that tell you where the market is headed. we have that gapping whole from 2-3 days back and untill that closes the bias in negative.
0 Kudos