Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

long TRU

SKALA
Super Contributor
went long TRU with CFD today. Views on this one?
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
SKALA
Super Contributor
What, nobody with me????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what was your fundamental/technical reason for going long?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
very clear buy signal on charts
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WELL DONE! where is your profit target? technicall you should have bought last thursday afternoon. fundamentally i read a report truworths fundamentals are strong. now the next big ? what is your exit strategy?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Ja very clear tech signals, thanks for that skala
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
You catching the end of wave 4 on daily chart.Weekly chart oversold and daily chart almost overbought.My view: Stay out of this if you were not in already around 11 February!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
rams what do you mean when you say end of wave 4?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Wave 4 high today(67.92) close to wave 1 extreme at 68.54 which also forms resistance. So if closes above or if high above 68.54, then invalidates wave 4 and wave 5 unlikely.If strong resisitance at 68.54, then wave 4 confirmed and wave 5 likely to follow. So wait and see,can go either way until technical level of 68.54 tested....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What would be the holding period of a cfd?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Exit depends on what happens at R74 level if it reaches it before LDT. Stop at close below R62-60 for now.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
reverse head and shoulders (daily) with a shoulder test at R63?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I see reverse head and shoulders with buy signal on 17 Feb at 64.82 for a +/- R4 profit which was reached yesterday. Today seems like end of wave 4 and possible wave 5 but weekly still oversold so not a high probability short. Conflicting siganls-best position is NO position at this time.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
100% retracement? Whats your time frame?
0 Kudos
Spoegs
Contributor
I'm short TRU, long WHL since WHL announced results, up 6% on the pair. Market is loving WHL at the moment and WHLTRU a favourite pair of the market neutral brigade. I'd suggest that interpreting TRU shareprice on its own technically in the short term is a nightmare. Disclaimer - I've never been on a technical trading course or any of SBK's courses, I thought a Bohlinger band was a Zim rock band sponsored by the beer maker up there until I realised the spelling is different.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Great when you can find the diverging pairs and works well with retail stocks.Shoprite and Massmart was another some time back.Anyway, I thought MACD was a name for a person with initial M, like Johnny K.Anyway, the less said about the MACD ,the better.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
just watch out for the Silver crossing on Woolies.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Well, was not a profit long trade this one, despite fact that my enter signal was clear.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well that's because traidng is about probability not predicting ..
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Ja Simon, that is why I do not predict. Thanks for the reminder.
0 Kudos