Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

long-term share

Not applicable
hello, can anyone recommend a share to invest in for long-term. i am new into share trading online.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
I recommend you invest in your education
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Some reccomend that one buy the worst performing share after a downturn, because it has fallen the most and therefore should rise a lot and others say buy the best performing share as it is a good share. Think look for a good company that has hallen because it was overbought. Shoprite may fall, then if all is OK with management could be good after a fall that is
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that is not a long term strategy, but a short term trading one. Right now, if i was looking for long term, I would focus on high div yield stocks - since there is a lot of uncertainty in the market right now. Metropolitan, Abil, BATs, all looking quite attractive - with div yields in excess of 5%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Think metropolitan does a lot of funeral policy business so probably business is good. I personally would wait for a fall in its price, but business should be good for them
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank you all. I would take some time to monitor the market before making any decision.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
satrix40 or some etf ?? best for beginner ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Satrix is good for beginner. Can just thing what happened as Billiton overtook Anlo a while ago, then the sudden fall in Billiton lately. Individual shares are risky
0 Kudos
rookie_of_the_y
Not applicable
Go for SACOIL...It flucutuates a lot and you have to know when to buy and sell...IMUNITI is at 1 and if price rises to 3 you triple your money....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
rookie you give verrrry dangerous advice, why would want a beginner to trade penny shares
0 Kudos