Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

making sense of today

Not applicable
if this forum set up wasnt so pathetic I could show you this graphically.....today the FTSE is making perfect (and I mean perfect) ambush zone retracements.....and then retracements within rettracements...so for those who want to go long thats where u can chose your entry...we are doing one right now....
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
_nova
Super Contributor
I've several times asked on this forum for a facility to upload graphics and the answer is always 'jawellnofine'. Chartist? What timescale are u looking at? Candles?
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Please explain Chartist, I always value your inputs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
5 min...tick chart...yup my words not even cold...here we go...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja Nova...when Simon came on board I though we would have someone who would be able to implement a vision.....sadly this event seems to be a process which has got bogged down....the forum is however free from naughty words....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think like Samson when they cut his hair he lost all his power...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Yip I noticed that but we would rather you don't get graphic..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Talk about a wound up spring..This thing is going to be very interesting.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
btw, Mon is a public holliday in the US, Columbus day, so the Yanks might be extra nervous today whatwith G7 over the weekend
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
i can't take this anymore, the suspense is killing me...i am just gonna exit my long position from 18610
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
DOW futures now -358
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
I definitely wouldn't want to be long in this market and here's why: 1. Today is the settlement for much of the credit default swaps on bankrupt Lehman. If, for whatever reason, these do not settle properly (meaning investors do not collect on their insurance), you will see massive fear. While I hope this doesn't happen, this could be the final straw in a complete global meltdown. 2. Due to the tightening of the credit markets, municipalities have found it all but impossible to borrow money. If the Fed does not step in, we could see a rash of municipal defaults. If that were to happen, be prepared for severe cutbacks in essential services as well as possible pension defaults in the US
0 Kudos
101bn
Contributor
0 Kudos