Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

market orders changes to limit orders

share_tony
New Contributor
hi i don't know how you guys feel about the fact that they are forcing us to use limit orders when we place a order outside the market hours The next step is mayby is to force all orders to limit orders , thus make more money from us. i have decided to send a email to scmb about it & i hope more guys will do the same , because i think it is up to the person to decide what type of order he wants to use not scmb
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tango
Super Contributor
SFM are just trying to keep novice traders in the game for a little longer. If you want to place at market orders, then make sure you are in front of your screen, or phone the trade in. very simple solution. Why would you want to place at-market trades outside of trading hours anyway? 9am - 10am is called 'amateur hour' because that's when the guys that read the newspapers the night before get fleeced.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
People were moaning in the past,because they placed at market orders after hours and bought a share at a much higher price than its previous close,only to see it drop soon thereafter.Of course SBK got the blame for that too........
0 Kudos