Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

markets...

eddy66
Super Contributor
What's the difference betwwen a bear market rally and a bull market rally?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
From Wikipedia - An increase in prices during a primary trend bear market is called a bear market rally. A bear market rally is sometimes defined as an increase of 10% to 20%. Bear market rallies typically begin suddenly and are often short-lived. The overall trend is still down and many investors get caught short in the rally when it suddenly falls often to lower than the start of the rally.

No real def for bull market rally but I expect it is just a general up trend as in "bull" market...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So what are we in now???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think the rallying is taking a pit stop right now
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well that is the most desirable piece of info every investor wants right now. There are many doom and gloom players saying bear rally so keep your stops tight and watch the next 6 to 9 months as the global 'green shoots' are going to suffer badly and the bigest crash is still ahead.

Other more positive people (and the media and US goverment) say its getting better slowly so the bottom is either very near or 'maybe' just been and we are growing from here.

So I guess the reasearch is all what you find and how you see it moving forward.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
It doesn't matter just trade what you see. The worst thing to do is have an opinion or prediction about where the market will be. Learn a system, trust it and trade it forget all the talk it's mostly rubbish. But a quick test to see if the market is bullish is a cross of the 50 and 200 ema's a bear rally will not have enough sustained bullish activity to allow a cross of these averages. And no it hasn't crossed yet but is looking like it might.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Hey Venice, looks like you follow that play. Please start a thread when you see that evetuality arise! Even Simon's system is too energetic for me! I just need someone to tell me go short now or go long now. I know the risks involved the problem is I gotta work.
0 Kudos
DA
Contributor
Re the comment above about "things getting better slowly". There was a guy on TV this morning saying that things are still getting worse, it is just that they are getting worse at a slower rate, eg unemployment in the US is still increasing each month, just less people now loose their jobs each month, etc. So sentiment is up because things are less bad, but when the penny drops that things aren't actually getting better, then do we crash again?
0 Kudos