Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

massive move in

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
USDYEN, over 100 pips down to low 111 . no idea what it means, but some ppls got nailed .
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
DST
Super Contributor
No panic. Its just Chattychat swamping the Yen fx markets with his transfers to Duncan Edwards ... ...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Barclays suspended limit down in London. FTSE seriously (off over 1%), DJ futures well red. An we still green.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
mmm somethings up. I hate feeling so Zarpish but we're almost all cash now. I feel a sense of doom. . . . but I had a great lunch, lightly grilled calamari and a very dry, very chilled white.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ya, I jus made 100pips on cable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
About now, dudes will be walking from the US to Canada. Or Mesko. Or Panama. Heck, I figger I might have some A#mericans workin in me herb patch soon. Anyone know the hourly rate fer wetback labour??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I don't think it will hurt to have a little cash right now. Zarpish is very descriptive. I also feel a little uneasy. US economy seems fragile right now. The question is "How long can an economy be sustained by debt?"
0 Kudos
faure
Frequent Contributor
Simon I guess we're following the DAX on this one.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
God help me, I've bought a few GFI contracts. I've set an automated stop and it's now in the hands of the gods.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
too much very dry wine....?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kinda like quiet time witha poolboy. 'Too much' ain't really applicable.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
See that why I like you guys there is always gonna be laugh.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in the languid silence after a good backwash....time evaporates evaporates imperceptibly ....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes that, anna good backrub, with them nice aromatherapy products from Woolies.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
planning a trip to your neck of the woods and the poolboy is gonna help me drive me so you may even meet him.....
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
This is just the beginning. According to some currecy experts in America, we will see a drop of at least 20% US$ - Yen, before end 2008. They call it "carry trades" - meaning that millions of Yen was borrowed at very low interest and then converted into US$. It's becoming payday and those millions of yen would be bought back with US$. Looks like there's huge money to make out of this once "dominating" currency which already started to take a huge knock from the C$ just more than a month ago. I opened an options account recently to play options on the Philadelphia Exchange. I mailed in my originals and hope to have my account ready soon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Robbie there's just one lil problem
I too have made some very nice moolah on the demise of the dollar recently - HOWEVER - I made all that money in US$'s. So it's all kinda pointless when you try convert the dollar profit back into any other currency that's worth anything, and that INCLUDES the Rand suprise suprise . . .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kool. Bring yer lilo.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Buy Zim dollars, you'll get lots.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hmm, maybe.
But how many MORE Zim$ would I get when I want to cash in my profit? And would that be worth MORE than buying US$ or Tazmainian Eweliks for instance . . .
That be the Question.
0 Kudos