Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

merafe

el_nino
Contributor
hey guys. just wanted to hear your thoughts on merafe. I am looking tto invest long term ie. ova 20yrs. any observations??????
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
will it still be around in 20 years ?
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
will any of the shares be around in 20 years. They come and go.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Will we be around in 20 years?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
check the sens of this morning, more furnances have been closed.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure cherry, but some more likely then others ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Coal piling up in MAputo due to lack of Trade finance.....methinks MRF has had its day for quite some time.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and broker consensus updated (albeit still only one chappie), but now the new closures gonna hurt them even more ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are we still going to need Stainless steel in 20 years? ...I think the chances are pretty good that we will, and so will the next China/India. The brokers and analysts were calling the stock a buy all the way down from R4, so their new update consensus is a bit late, isn't it.... But that is typical. They'll probably upgrade it again when it hits R 9.00. These output cuts are are a short term response to short term circumstances.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Rubbish penny share. With a 20 year investment horizon you could buy premium shares at a huge discount ?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yep i agree if you gonna go 20 years go for a company thats likely to still be around in 20 years time.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure the planet will still need stainless steel in 20 years. But that doesn't mean MRF will be providing it.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Question...what happens to a company like Xrata that sets up Merafe as a BEE partner if Merafe tanks....do theu lose their BEE status..or can they continue as normal?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ag Shame, Kwagga, You obviously bought at the top.... but objectively, a company with a R 2 billion market cap on a forward p.e. of less than 2(even taking into account the output cutbacks)is hardly a rubbish penny stock.....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they loose it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So if a company like Xstrata will lose their BEE status should MRF tank, don't you think MRF will get help from their big brother before that happens.....That's to say if Xstata holds out..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well if Xstata has the money and no plan B .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Some insignificant director dealings coming through....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Stiffs - No actually made money off this little sucker when it gave a classic wave pattern at 155c on it's way to 420, but nice try. Sold out when it consolidated after this fab run. If the environment is right i.e. massive bull market money is too be made from pennies. They are also the stuff you keep far, far from in a bear market. It's the poor suckers that keep hoping it will run again and keep catching those falling knifes that I feel sorry for. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601116&sid=aB37p_EodjZI&refer=africa What will happen too that market cap now ? This share is a stiff - stay away until the dust has settled. See my postings on the MRF share forum
0 Kudos