Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

mmm

YNWA
Super Contributor
Something to ponder B.....World No:1 Manufacturer Toyota (Japan)announced price increases on models already in production & in the markets due to raw material cost increases.... something it has never done in its history before.....always adjusted prices at launch of new models....and Japan Motor Industry Inc. is mumbling about substitution for platinum based catalytic converters....less car sales=less demand for plat....ho hum...FWIW
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Good point Y. Just generally, seems as if the rates pause euphoria has gone, and that there's a distinctly bearish tone in the air now. Current mantra in everything thing I read now is recovery end 2009. A long way off in market terms. And property here = *****ed.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
2009 is eons away....we gonna die of boredom / drink or both thats for sure! Some nice property pickings are starting to emerge from the woodwork....I think let em sweat a while longer....in the meantime go walking with the bears in your cutoff denim "shorts" this summer....sheeza a comin'...well not right at this moment, frikken chilly!
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Ouch!
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
when is LDT for dividend?
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
9/12/2008
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Looks like next stop for IMP is 178. And wonder if SOL is gonna hold at 385. Anyone have the balls to go long then, I wonder.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Brazen the game has changed..... you don't buy so suport ...Rather sell on a break of suport. look at your Imp trade with this bearish stratergy you would be drinking Meerlust already.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Could be right john-boy (were right on IMP). But I'm still making money going long on support - two good trades on ASA in Abu Dhabi, and went long on SOL on support. Works cos if I'm wrong loss is small, and if a bounce happens, which it does often, I scalp. I know it's s*****py trading, but as C says, times are tough at the moment.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Absolutly, all I am saying is don't walk away if it breaks, just go with it.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
You're absolutly right. I still have a bias towards the long side - comes from trading in a bull market for 5 years. Gotta shift mindset and takes it whichever way it comes. (Down Chartist).
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hello Brazen,if you would like to take the slightly longer veiw i.e. till year end consider ARLSTB.Since i bought it in August it has gone up 29%.Maize prices are much lower than they thought.Also look at the underlying share and u will see on most days there are more Bids than Offers.....Also Mr Price is the leader in retailers ,which after Proprerty,Construction and Banks have benefitted most from no increase in the repo rate.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks much Barry - am looking for some longer term punts - I have no inatallments at the moment, only trading SSFs and usually holding for a few weeks at the very most. Well done on ARL, should have followed you a few months ago when you first mentioned it. Ya, the lower end retailers will not only benefit from interest rate cuts, but also cos more people start buying there to save money. Mr Price is a good one - they actually have a branch in Abu Dhabi which looked pretty busy.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Some more on the fundamental longer term side - saw an interview with Mark Moebius a couple of days ago. Bullish on SA companies who are expanding into Africa liked MTN, SBK, Shoprite and BAW. BAW is pretty much on the floor, bounced off long term support of 59 a short while ago. Could be one to add to the watch list.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
How's Mark? Strip off the old block, isn't he?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Bwhahahaha! You're too clever for Maggie. john will have to offer you up elsewhere.
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
Hey This really looked good today @ 19200 (which I bought @). Very healthy dividend next week and above market average PE as well. Michael
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
You might be right Yakah. IMP way off it's low and if it ends close to the intraday high we may be looking at a key reversal, in which case next coupe of days may be up.
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Ooh, lovely, definitely expecting greet tomorrow, but as the trend is down, I'll wait for an entry point to go short again in a couple of days ...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And poor old SOL is toast. You were right john, the money was on the short side.
0 Kudos