Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

more for less.

swordfish
Frequent Contributor
just got my CELL C broadband. 2 GIG for R 1500,00 for 13 month. I do not know how fast vodacom is, but i had MTN, and cell C is like a Ferrari compared to MTN. Faster and cheaper + no contract. hiha....
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Shadow_W
Occasional Contributor
Its three times faster than vodacom. Anyone still using MTN or Vodacom is getting taken for a huge ride. Did the math- you are being charged around 8 times more and its a lot slower.I had vodacom and I'm so glad I switched.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yep, my broadband contract expires this month - and will definitely switch over. Just hope it doesn't get oversubscribed!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and here i sit running a 3g MTN sim through a cell at the mo cause the modem was stolen. i was thinking of just getting ADSL... less chance of that going missing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
until your copper gets nicked
0 Kudos
duban
Occasional Contributor
Sounds like good value. How good is the coverage? 3G & non 3G zones etc.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the R2500 option is about 3 times faster then the cheaper one .. tis awesome ..
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
does this price include surfing internationl websites
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
Can this be true...they all running on the same bandwidth
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
reason they are faster is that there is less traffic on the bandwidth. when traffic starts increasing, it will start slowing down a bit
0 Kudos
Bank_Street
New Contributor
is ADSL not better ?
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
I think ADSL is faster and cheaper. I pay uncapped 99 Rand per month (no contract) for bandwidth. I have to pay the Telkom 130 plus Vat for connection. Total of about 250. I take a dividend as I save 1500-250 a month
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
Yes nala for my 2 gig i can surf local and international. I think broadband will always be more expansive then a fix line, due to it being mobile.
0 Kudos
Farina
Contributor
dbm, where do get uncapped for R 99-00 from?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dude, the Cell C price is once off annually, so it is already cheaper than your ADSL, and your DSL line is 386kbs, while Cell C has been consistently clocked at 4.8mbs? That is well over 10 times faster than your ADSL.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
I can certainly vouch for Cell C broadband in Cape Town ( Newlands and Paarden Island). 3 times the data bundle at "twice" the speed for half the price. No roll-overs though. So far it's been fantastic.
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
goto http://www.axxess.co.za/ you can pay monthly on credit card
0 Kudos
StanleyB
Contributor
I had considered replacing my ADSL with the Cell C R1500 offer - prompted initially by a bunch of unexplained outages. There are problems however. Where do you get a decent email service that integrates into Outlook ?. Yahoo, hotmail etc are OK for occasional use but I see no way to have email automatically dowload to PC. The Cell C special is for one year only. Their data bundles are +- the same price as MTN/Vodacom and would be more expensive than my current MWEB ADSL. DBM - who do you use for ADSL at R99 per month and how is their service. In the meantime I have got a Vodacom Internet starter pack with modem and 100Mb's per month for 1 year as backup for the ADSL.
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
Guys read DR post above. this is how it works. if it is said top speed is 21mbps, it is meant 21mbps dedicated to tower X(sector A). if more people subscribe to under that tower x(sector A), you are going back to where everyone is. try to follow arguments presented by Cell C competitors when they complain about Cell C's way of advertising. Vodacom had LTE and it makes their connection run faster. When i went to University of Limpopo in Polokwane, i was using my cousin's MTN and it delivered well, i assumes there were fewer people dedicated to that sector using MTN data.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've got gmail...and it can be connected with IMAP in Outlook - works perfectly with better spam etc. features.
0 Kudos