Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

mtx

_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
The drop looks like a bit of profit taking.. Some people have made a killing out of this and im assuming they taking those profits before tomorrow. I bought some myself but was a bit skeptical.. they a bit to high.. need some correction, all i can do is sit and hope they go up some more :) Nevertheless, the share has been battered badly.. and there should be still some good upside in the medium/long term
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
mmm my stop loss hit.. great waste of money for the day haha but it's all good was a risk i took, but was stupid on my part.. I see this dropping further tomorrow.. there'll be a good opportunity to buy it again after some correction, my 2c
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
wish i could short this sucker!
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
In one days movement it has kicked in my trailing stop loss!
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
huge volume in the last 2 days cant be ignored
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And what exactly does 2 days of high volume mean to you, oversold? overbought?..mmnn
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
you have to be thankful the one up there that u can't. Watch and learn...
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
I am thankfull,cause I went long at 354.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
means that its rising :-)2bln is not so dangerous with the decreasing interest rates
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
this was the easiest money i've ever made.Bought yesterday after 4pm and I can sell now and make 10% profit.
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
I Should really have held on, but rather safe than sorry :) congrats
0 Kudos
AS_1
Occasional Contributor
Is this the end of this short or are there more to come.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am also interested in finding that out? is there only up to come ??? and ideas
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My view on the volumes is that it is way to much volume for short term speculators. Some serious money has moved into MTX, and it seems that serious money moves in big spikes and exits in small tranches. It could very well pull back, but as long as copper rallies, I don't think we will retest lows, or even pull back more than 30%. I am going to hold, personally, but if I was looking to take profit, now would be good
0 Kudos
AS_1
Occasional Contributor
thanks skaaptjop, if you guys say short and long what sort of time span would you be looking at,just for interest sake.
0 Kudos
DA
Contributor
The share price has moved outside the bollinger band (ie above the top band) - what does this mean? The 200ma is still pointing down - doesn't this mean the trend is down?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Dunno the answer to previous questions but: price of copper futures for July in US Dollars per lb are as follows;- 14/5/09=1.99..28/5/2009=2.14..12/6/09=2.45
0 Kudos
Steven_1
New Contributor
This share is going to continue to rise. Commodity prices are and will recover. MTX will sort out their debt i reckon. The share will remain volatile so don't over gear on the futures.
0 Kudos
fng
Contributor
hell what is happening here now?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
It will definitely move again, but a little consolidation will go a far way to eventually help breaking that R4 barrier.
0 Kudos