Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

mtx

fng
Contributor
Yeah I suppose, but how much consolidation its gonna take to get thru that barrier? Anyones guess
0 Kudos
annie3
Frequent Contributor
stick around eddie. not bad for your cheapest share yet. off to the pubhave a good weekend all. still very bullish on metorex
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
My opinion, Just profit taking, now gearing up, gonna take off!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
I was one of those profit takers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yep, now we separate the men from the chickens. This is the part that makes trading worth while. Any fool can jump in and make a quick 10%, but the real skill is knowing when to get out, and IMO the hardest part of a strategy to define. Personally, I believe that the saying 'Nobody ever lost money selling at a profit' is bollocks. If your profits aren't significantly outstripping the risk you are taking each time, then your are going to lose in the long run. So Metorex is my go for broke share. NB!! I am not geared on this trade, because any share that swings 15% in a day, can easily swing 15% the other way
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
tjoppie,this fool made 10% on his money in a couple of hours.Losing out on potential gains is far from a loss.I made 10%,it's in my pocket,no more risk associated with it.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Regarding the chicken/men statement,are you a man or a chicken when you sit on a share,regardless if it goes up or down? Neither,you're an investor!When it comes to the recources sector I'll rather invest in AGL and BIL than MTX.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oops, high eddie, didn't see your earlier post - I do hope I didn't come across as refering to your trade! My point was that, for me, pocketing small gains has proved a zero sum gain over the long run. It is just not enough to overcome my losses. If it hadn't been for my big longer term plays (GND at 990, MTN at 83, MRF at 83, and now MTX at 286 and a few less significant others) I would be in the red overall.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and your entry at 354 definitely required a quick exit, nice scalp move!
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
thanks tjop! And might I just add,well done on those bargain buys of yours,impressive!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nothing to bragg about on my side, I reckon Werner, Barry and Louisg have probably oustripped us all with their longterm strategies
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't think soooo
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Consolidation then the up-run to 6 bucks... Should come out with about 140% profit on this one ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You telling me that traders don't ride out downswings? Of course we do! Just depends on your strategy.
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
MTX 330 ..... not good
0 Kudos