Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

my 3 worst decisions of the year

Not applicable
None of them relate to losses, I can take those on the chin no problem. My 3rd worst decision, exited SAB on the 6th, following a perfectly good entry signal on my system. Thought it was reversing. My second worst, exited Steinhoff on the 10th, after having held it for 1 week. thought that it wasn't going to move despite it holding up in the downturn. My worst (and I still kick myself daily) exited Imperial on the 8th, after entering 2 days before. None of htese exits were anywhere near my stop levels. Just goes to show what bad judgement can do for you!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
and discipline in sticking to your system
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Don't be too hard on yourself we all make does mistakes.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
I made only 2 mistakes.Went to a futures seminar and went short on AGL.I had 4000 AGL shares at a price of 15800 in March.Sold all of it at the low,130 something.Have been trying to get it back shorting every chance I get.From 800k to 70k in a jiffy.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
All 20 mistakes have been early exit and then missed the final runs. Eddy we wont talk about AGL. Biggest loss 30k with AMS got out 1 day before the turn (the worst is it never hit my stop!!!!) I could really kick my butt for that one
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Lol...but at least you retained your sense of humour...and you must also be one of the most brutally honest forumites around! But, you can't get it back (make up for an earlier loss) by repeatedly going short in a bull market! Even the smart money around here will tell you that...now, back to work.
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
To tight stop losses triggered on SOL, ANGLO, etc. last week. Watching new highs everyday and sitting on cash in hoping of lower entries - burnt my fingers too much on shorts in the past. Any chance of a red week next week?
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Ask Raj rajwhatshisname,he'll know what's gonna happen next week,I unfortunately can only guess.
0 Kudos