Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

need 5%

theyoungster
Super Contributor
hi ppl, yes its me the annoying UCT student again, looking for advice. im looking to make 5% grwth this week. . . looking for share that most probably gonna rise about that much. . . i've got some in mind. wanna see if you guys suggestions correspond. sorry to bother, but you guys probably been playing the jse longer than i've been alive so i really respect your advice and suggestions. so guys HELP out a young student starting out his life. with some GOOOOD advice and suggestions. i've learnt so much from you guys already reading the forums watching the markets . . . . so guys keep so suggestions coming. . . who knows maybe oneday i'll be helping you guys out UCT RULES
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
asylum
Super Contributor
Have a look UCS, Datapro,OMO.
0 Kudos
Gold_Guru
Contributor
Sanlam and JD Group. Consider Metorex... bit riskier though.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes and have a look at the post by MWK as well,which is enough to sober anyone up!
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
u should have gone to stellenbosch cause then you could become friends with some of the directors children there for some insider trading on some of sa biggest companies
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
what are you studying at UCT?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dont you think its just a little unethical to be asking the forum for advice just so that you can win the prize in the competition? I mean, it defeats the whole point of what the JSE is trying to accomplish, and thats educating young investors to one day become solid participants in the market and its related industry...
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
ARQ and RBX should both end the week 5% up. If you want more risk and aren't actually trading the shares, but rather trading at current ruling prices, buy MKX today - ruling price is 2 cents today and will be 3 by the end of the week - giving you 50%
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Beige has also put out a good SENS this morning - should move up a couple of cents this week.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
There you go youngster - if you took my advice on Beige when I gave it, you'd already be 11% up in 10 min.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Youngster - if you missed the Beige opportunity, and are "trading" on ruling prices alone then MKX will give you 50% - buy now at 2 cents and sell anytime during the week when you see the ruling price at 3 cents, which it definitely will be.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jess he will first have to let 25 000 000 shares trade hands before he is in at 2 c that will not happen today !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
solsbi...you will have 20% not 5%
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hennie - he is not really trading - it is a competition and as I understand it, it is based on ruling prices only, so he can decide at any stage to buy or sell and the competition rules allow "trades" at the ruling price, hence why I used the inverted commas in my last posting, cos he is not really trading.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see you offer to one day help one of us out....you could help me out right now
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What wrong big boy.. Dont those sports cars pull in winter like they do in summer ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, I dont have the faintest idea what you are talking about.....oops...youngster....sol just popped up....you could have had your 5% today!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just stiring, C , I dont usually know myself so dont feel bad! SAsol is looking very sweet hey!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you want something a little more risky try get into ISA @ around 61 or 62. its been bouncing between the low 60s and 70s for the last while, they also have the results coming out later this month, will have to wait and see.
0 Kudos